To date, there are eight entries in the Child’s Play/Chucky movie series, running from 1988’s Child’s Play through to the 2019 Child’s Play remake. In my opinion, most of these entries are pretty damn good, with the Chucky movie series being a very strong collection of films – but which are the best?
In the post below, I am taking a look at the Child’s Play/Chucky series, ranking the films according to Rotten Tomatoes. From good to bad, here is how the movies stack up, in the eyes of RT.
Ranking the Child’s Play/Chuck movies
Here is the ranking of all the Chucky movies, as per the scores on Rotten Tomatoes.
- 1) Cult of Chucky (2017) – 78%
- 2) Curse of Chucky (2013) – 76%
- 3) Child’s Play (1988) – 68%
- 4) Child’s Play (2019) – 63%
- 5) The Bride of Chucky (1998) – 46%
- 6) Child’s Play 2 (1990) – 44%
- 7) The Seed of Chucky (2004) – 33%
- 8) Child’s Play 3 (1991) – 29%
As you can see from the list above, according to Rotten Tomatoes, the best Chucky movie is 2017’s Cult of Chucky, followed very closely by 2013’s Curse of Chucky. The least popular entries are Seed of Chucky and Child’s Play 3.
Do you agree?
Personally, my favourite film is Child’s Play 2 (1990), so I would have ranked this entry the highest, but I have a lot of time for both both Cult and Curse of Chucky, so I am happy they appear so high.
Seed and Child’s Play 3 are my least favourite entries, and I agree these should be at the bottom of the ranking. However, I would switch the two around so that Seed is at the bottom of the list – it is my least favourite.
But what do you think? Which is the best and worst Chucky movie? Sound off in the comments section below.
- Thoughts on Child’s Play 2019
- What is the best order to watch the Hellraiser movies?
- Clarification on the two Child’s Play projects: Chucky vs Chucky?