In 2005, Wolverine Classic Vol 1 clawed its way on to comic book shelves. The trade paperback, featuring Marvel’s Adamantium-infused mutant, collected together the first five issues of Wolverine’s ongoing solo comic from 1988.
The first volume of Wolverine Classic was soon followed by additional volumes, giving readers the opportunity to revisit some of Wolverine’s early adventures. Each book contained between five and seven comics, but how many volumes were published?
A list of Wolverine Classic books
To date, Marvel has published five volumes in the Wolverine Classic series. The books include:
- Wolverine Classic Vol 1 – Wolverine #1 – #5
- Wolverine Classic Vol 2 – Wolverine #6 – #10
- Wolverine Classic Vol 3 – Wolverine #11 – #16
- Wolverine Classic Vol 4 – Wolverine #17 – #23
- Wolverine Classic Vol 5 – Wolverine #24 – #30
Collectively, the five volumes cover the first thirty issues of Wolverine, in chronological order.
Do all of the books feature the same creative team?
Although the books feature stories from the same Wolverine comic, the five volumes of Wolverine Classic showcase a mix of different writers and artists. Writers include Chris Claremont, Peter David, Archie Goodwin, and Jo Duffy, while artwork comes from John Buscema, Gene Colan, John Byrne, Bill Jaaska, Klaus Janson, and Barry Kitson.
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about Wolverine Classic – I hope it has proved useful. For more Marvel-related content, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
- A list of Marvel Comics Super Special comics
- X-Men Blackbird Micro-Superstars jet by Bluebird
- Remembering X-Men Series II trading cards by SkyBox