In 1938, comedy movie, Bondie, arrived in cinemas. The film, based on the comic strip character of the same name, followed the story of Blondie Bumstead and the fun and frolics she gets into when buying new furniture.
Due to the popularity of Blondie, more Blondie movies soon followed, building up quite the collection. But how many Blondie movies are there?
For all the details and more, keep reading.
The Blondie movies in order
To date there are twenty-eight entries in the Blondie movie series:
- Blondie (1938)
- Blondie Meets the Boss (1939)
- Blondie Takes a Vacation (1939)
- Blondie Brings Up Baby (1939)
- Blondie on a Budget (1940)
- Blondie Has Servant Trouble (1940)
- Blondie Plays Cupid (1940)
- Blondie Goes Latin (1941)
- Blondie in Society (1941)
- Blondie Goes to College (1942)
- Blondie’s Blessed Event (1942)
- Blondie for Victory (1942)
- It’s a Great Life (1943)
- Footlight Glamour (1943)
- Leave It to Blondie (1945)
- Life with Blondie (1945)
- Blondie’s Lucky Day (1946)
- Blondie Knows Best (1946)
- Blondie’s Big Moment (1947)
- Blondie’s Holiday (1947)
- Blondie in the Dough (1947)
- Blondie’s Anniversary (1947)
- Blondie’s Reward (1948)
- Blondie’s Secret (1948)
- Blondie’s Big Deal (1949)
- Blondie Hits the Jackpot (1949)
- Blondie’s Hero (1950)
- Beware of Blondie (1950)
Are the Blondie movies part of the same series?
All 28 Blondie movies were produced by Columbia Pictures and are part of the same series, with Penny Singleton appearing as Blondie Bumstead in every movie. The films initially ran from 1938 until 1943, but due to popular demand the series continued again in 1945 and ran until 1950.
Who are the cast of the Blondie movies?
Notable cast members in the Blondie movie series include Penny Singleton, Arthur Lake, Larry Simms, Rita Hayworth, Glenn Ford, Larry Parks, Janet Blair, and Shemp Howard.
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about the Blondie movie series. For more movie posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply