In 1962, Sally Field made her film debut via an uncredited appearance in the movie, Moon Pilot. From here she followed up her acting work with further appearances in films such as The Way West, Maybe I’ll Come Home in the Spring, and Westward the Wagon.
To begin with, her on-screen roles were small parts, which is true of any actor in show business, but soon her star status grew as audiences took the actor to their hearts. This in turn increased Field’s presence on the big screen, and pushed her career toward the icon she would eventually become.
Over the years, Field popped up in classic movies such as Steel Magnolias and Punchline. She also appeared opposite Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire, and alongside Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump.
But how familiar are you with Sally Field’s back catalogue of movies? If you were asked to name them all what would you say?
Well, don’t worry, because I can help. In this post you will find a list of all Sally Field’s movies, presented in chronological order, starting with minor roles and bit parts in her early pictures, and running through to more substantial roles in later life.
A list of every Sally Field movie in order
- Moon Pilot (1962)*
- The Way West (1967)
- Maybe I’ll Come Home in the Spring (1971)
- Westward the Wagon (1971)
- Marriage: Year One (1971)
- Mongo’s Back in Town (1971)
- Home for the Holidays (1972)
- Stay Hungry (1976)
- Bridger (1976)
- Smokey and the Bandit (1977)
- Heroes (1977)
- The End (1978)
- Hooper (1978)
- Norma Rae (1979)
- Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979)
- Smokey and the Bandit Ride Again (1980)
- Back Roads (1981)
- Absence of Malice (1981)
- All the Way Home (1981)
- Kiss Me Goodbye (1982)
- Places in the Heart (1984)
- Murphy’s Romance (1985)
- Surrender (1987)
- Punchline (1988)
- Steel Magnolias (1989)
- Not Without My Daughter (1991)
- Soapdish (1991)
- Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993)**
- Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- Eye for an Eye (1996)
- Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco (1996)**
- Merry Christmas, George Bailey (1997)
- A Cooler Climate (1999)
- Where the Heart Is (2000)
- David Copperfield (2000)
- Say It Isn’t So (2001)
- Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003)
- Conviction (2005)
- Two Weeks (2006)
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Beginning (2008)**
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- Lincoln (2012)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Hello, My Name is Doris (2015)
- Little Evil (2017)
- Spoiler Alert (2022)
- 80 for Brady (2023)
Above are all of Sally Field’s movie appearances, but which are your favourites? Is Steel Magnolias your No.1 film, or is Punchline your go-to picture?
Whichever Sally Field movie is your favourite, sound off in the comments below and let everyone know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post about Sally Field movies on It’s A Stampede! – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply