In 1957, Andy Griffith made his film debut in the movie, A Face in the Crowd. From here he followed up his film acting work with appearances in movies such as No Time for Sergeants, Onionhead, and The Second Time Around.
To begin with, his on-screen roles in movies were small parts, but soon his star status began to grow as audiences took the actor to their hearts. This (along with a very successful TV career) increased his presence on the big screen, and propelled his career toward the icon he would eventually become.
But how familiar are you with Andy Griffith’s back catalogue of movies? If you were asked to name them all what would you say?
Well, don’t worry, because I can help. In this post you will find a list of all Andy Griffith’s movies, presented in chronological order, starting with minor roles and bit parts in his early pictures, and running through to more substantial roles in later life.
The list covers all of his movies from 1957 to 2009.
Every Andy Griffith movie in order
- A Face in the Crowd (1957)
- No Time for Sergeants (1958)
- Onionhead (1958)
- The Second Time Around (1961)
- Angel in My Pocket (1969)
- The Strangers in 7A (1972)
- Go Ask Alice (1973)
- Pray for the Wildcats (1974)
- Winter Kill (1974)
- Savages (1974)
- Hollywood Cowboy (1975)
- Street Killing (1976)
- Six Characters in Search of An Author (1976)
- Frosty’s Winter Wonderland (1976)*
- The Girl in the Empty Grave (1977)
- Deadly Game (1977)
- Murder in Texas (1981)
- For Lovers Only (1982)
- Murder in Coweta County (1983)
- The Demon Murder Case (1983)
- Rustlers’ Rhapsody (1985)
- Crime of Innocence (1985)
- Return to Mayberry (1986)
- Under the Influence (1986)
- The Gift of Love (1994)
- Gramps (1995)
- Spy Hard (1996)
- Scattering Dad (1998)
- A Song for the Season (1999)
- Daddy and Them (2001)
- Waitress (2007)
- Christmas is Here Again (2007)*
- Play the Game (2009)
Above are all of Andy Griffith’s movie appearances, but which are your favourites? Is Play the Game your No.1 film, or is Return to Mayberry your go-to picture?
Whichever Andy Griffith movie is your favourite, sound off in the comments below and let everyone know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post about Andy Griffith movies on It’s A Stampede! – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply