In 1994, hit television sitcom, Friends, aired ‘The One Where Underdog Gets Away’ – a Thanksgiving-themed episode of the popular comedy show. The episode was broadcast to coincide with the holiday season, to provide the hilarious sitcom with a spot of turkey-infused fun.
Due to the popularity of the episode, with audiences enjoying this little bit of Thanksgiving mirth and merriment, Friends returned to the Thanksgiving holiday in future seasons. Continuing the following year, the show featured one Thanksgiving episode per season, to make it an annual tradition.
And even after Friends ended its run, the Thanksgiving fun continued via the Friends spin-off show, Joey. The short-lived comedy follow-up to Friends incorporated a Thanksgiving instalment into its second season.
But if you’re new to Friends (and Joey), and would really love to watch the Thanksgiving episodes, what are the stories you need to look out for? Well, for all the details and more, keep on reading!
Every Thanksgiving episode of Friends in order
During the course of its run, Friends featured an impressive ten Thanksgiving episodes! As noted above, Joey also featured one Thanksgiving episode, giving you (sort of) 11 episodes in total.
If you wish to seek out all of the episodes, then simply follow this list:
- The One Where Underdog Gets Away – Friends: Season One, Episode Nine (1994)
- The One with the List – Friends: Season Two, Episode Eight (1995)
- The One with the Football – Friends: Season Three, Episode Nine (1996)
- The One with Chandler in a Box – Friends: Season Four, Episode Eight (1997)
- The One with All the Thanksgivings – Friends: Season Five, Episode Eight (1998)
- The One Where Ross Got High – Friends: Season Six, Episode Nine (1999)
- The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs – Friends: Season Seven, Episode Eight (2000)
- The One with the Rumor – Friends: Season Eight, Episode Nine (2001)
- The One with Rachel’s Other Sister – Friends: Season Nine, Episode Eight (2002)
- The One with the Late Thanksgiving – Friends: Season Ten, Episode Eight (2003)
- Joey and the Bachelor Thanksgiving – Joey: Season Two, Episode Ten (2005)
If you track down all of the above episodes, you can create your own little Thanksgiving mini-marathon to watch over the holiday season.
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends (and Joey) – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply