In 1947, Marilyn Monroe made her film debut in the movie, Dangerous Years. From here she followed up her acting work with further appearances in films such as Summer Lighting, Green Grass of Wyoming, and Ladies of the Chorus.
To begin with, her on-screen roles were small parts, which is true of any actor in show business, but soon her star status began to grow as audiences took the actor to their hearts. This in turn increased her presence on the big screen, and propelled her career toward the icon she would eventually become.
But how familiar are you with Marilyn Monroe’s back catalogue of movies? If you were asked to name them all what would you say?
Well, don’t worry, because I can help. In this post you will find a list of all Marilyn Monroe’s movies, presented in chronological order, starting with minor roles and bit parts in her early pictures, and running through to more substantial roles in later life.
This list covers all the films in her career, from 1947 to 1962.
A list of every Marilyn Monroe movie in order
- Dangerous Years (1947)
- Summer Lighting (1948)*
- Green Grass of Wyoming (1948)*
- Ladies of the Chorus (1948)
- Love Happy (1949)
- A Ticket to Tomahawk (1950)*
- The Asphalt Jungle (1950)
- Right Cross (1950)*
- The Fireball (1950)
- All About Eve (1950)
- Home Town Story (1951)
- As Young As You Feel (1951)
- Love Nest (1951)
- Let’s Make it Legal (1951)
- Clash by Night (1952)
- We’re Not Married! (1952)
- Don’t Bother to Knock (1952)
- O. Henry’s Full House (1952)
- Monkey Business (1952)
- Niagara (1953)
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
- How to Marry a Millionaire (1953)
- River of No Return (1954)
- There’s No Business Like Show Business (1954)
- The Seven Year Itch (1955)
- Bus Stop (1956)
- The Prince and the Showgirl (1957)
- Some Like it Hot (1959)
- Let’s Make Love (1960)
- The Misfits (1961)
- Something’s Got to Give (1962)**
Above are all of Marilyn Monroe’s movie appearances, but which are your favourites? Is The Seven Year Itch your No.1 film, or is The Prince and the Showgirl your go-to picture?
Whichever Monroe movie is your favourite, sound off in the comments below and let everyone know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post about Marilyn Monroe movies on It’s A Stampede! – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply