Another day, another movie review round-up and this time it’s for the new action blockbuster, Mission: Impossible – Fallout!
Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, Fallout is the sixth entry in the long-running series and sees Tom Cruise back in the lead role of Ethan Hunt. Cruise is joined by a cast that includes Simon Pegg, Henry Cavill, Rebecca Ferguson and Ving Rhames and this chapter promises to be pretty explosive stuff.
Mission: Impossible – Fallout hits cinema screens on July 27th… but is it any good?
Here’s what the critics have said:
- George Simpson of The Express gave Mission: Impossible – Fallout an impressive five stars (out of five) and called it the “best yet”. He said: “Mission Impossible – Fallout is an improvement on all the previous film’s failings, drawing together all the best aspects of them; simultaneously giving off that classic vibe of the original while never being afraid to continually evolve.”
- Tim Robey of The Telegraph also awarded Mission: Impossible – Fallout a top score of five stars (out of five), calling it “spectacular and eye-popping”. He said: “McQuarrie may not have De Palma’s sweat-drop precision, John Woo’s craziness or the impish wit of Brad Bird, but his mastery of logistics here is easily sufficient to make it the blockbuster of the summer.”
- Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian awarded Mission: Impossible – Fallout three stars (out of five) and called it a “pneumatic treat”. He said: “There is running, there is jumping and there is a fantastic punch-up in the gents: Christopher McQuarrie’s thriller muzzles the quips but never skimps on thrills.”
- Chris Nashawaty of Entertainment Weekly called Mission: Impossible – Fallout “insanely great” and awarded it an ‘A’ grade score. He said: “It’s the kind of pure, straight-no-chaser pop fun that not only keeps taking your breath away over and over again, it restores your occasionally shaky faith in summer blockbusters.”
- And finally, Todd McCarthy of The Hollywood Reporter said: “This episode needs to top the one that has come just before and, to everyone’s credit, it does just that. The action here represents the mainstream cinema’s version of extreme sports and these guys have staked their claim at the summit.”
So, there you are, pretty impressive reviews, right? Did anyone expect that from the sixth entry in the series?
Mission: Impossible – Fallout sounds like one to watch and a true blockbuster. Will you be off to see it?
I hope this information on Mission: Impossible – Fallout has proved useful. Should you wish to read more posts, please check out one of the recommended reads below.
- Coronavirus halts Mission: Impossible and slows down Sonic
- Why wasn’t Jeremy Renner in Mission: Impossible – Fallout?
- What is the best order to watch the Mission: Impossible movies?