In 1965, DePatie-Freleng Enterprises produced the theatrical cartoon, The Great De Gaulle Stone Operation. The cartoon featured the lead character, the Inspector (implied to be Inspector Clouseau), and followed his adventures as he attempted to retrieve the DeGaulle diamond from a jewel thief.
Due to the popularity of this animated short, DePatie-Freleng Enterprises produced a second short featuring the Inspector, followed by a third, a fourth, and so on. Over the next few months (and years), more Inspector shorts followed, building up a sizeable collection in the process.
Between 1965 and 1969, a total of 34 shorts were produced, with Pat Harrington Jr. voicing the Inspector. These shorts saw the Inspector tackling various cases and villains, and each was adored by fans.
But if you missed the shorts the first time around, or you have never seen these little slices of Inspector action, then you may wish to hunt them down to give them a watch. You may also need a handy episode list to follow – just like the one set out below.
A list of every Inspector Clouseau short
Below is a list of all 34 Inspector shorts from the 1960s.
- 01) The Great De Gaulle Stone Operation (1965)
- 02) Reaux, Reaux, Reaux Your Boat (1966)
- 03) Napoleon Blown-Aparte (1966)
- 04) Cirrhosis of the Louvre (1966)
- 05) Plastered in Paris (1966)
- 06) Cock-A-Doodle Deux Deux (1966)
- 07) Ape Suzette (1966)
- 08) The Pique Poquette of Paris (1966)
- 09) Sicque! Sicque! Sicque! (1966)
- 10) That’s No Lady – That’s Notre Dame! (1966)
- 11) Unsafe and Seine (1966)
- 12) Toulouse La Trick (1966)
- 13) Sacré Bleu Cross (1967)
- 14) Le Quiet Squad (1967)
- 15) Bomb Voyage (1967)
- 16) Le Pig-Al Patrol (1967)
- 17) Le Bowser Bagger (1967)
- 18) Le Escape Goat (1967)
- 19) Le Cop on Le Rocks (1967)
- 20) Crow De Guerre (1967)
- 21) Canadian Can-Can (1967)
- 22) Tour de Farce (1967)
- 23) The Shooting of Caribou Lou (1967)
- 24) London Derriere (1968)
- 25) Les Miserobots (1968)
- 26) Transylvania Mania (1968)
- 27) Bear De Guerre (1968)
- 28) Cherche Le Phantom (1968)
- 29) Le Great Dane Robbery (1968)
- 30) Le Ball and Chain Gang (1968)
- 31) La Feet’s Defeat (1968)
- 32) French Freud (1969)
- 33) Pierre and Cottage Cheese (1969)
- 34) Carte Blanched (1969)
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to check out this post about the Inspector animated shorts. For more posts, be sure to take a look at the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply