From The Nanny and Frasier, to Bob’s Burgers and Sister, Sister, there are plenty of TV sitcoms out there ready to celebrate love. Sure, these shows aren’t always centred around romance, but given the right opportunity, they like to delve into the lovey-dovey stuff, especially when the occasion calls for it.
And what better occasion than Valentine’s Day? This love-filled holiday is something which many people celebrate, and it’s something which sitcoms like to champion too!
Over the past few decades, plenty of sitcoms have featured Valentine’s Day-themed episodes, allowing each show to indulge in some romantic content. And because so many shows have featured Valentine’s-themed instalments, there are now countless episodes to watch!
In this post, I am taking a look at the subject of Valentine’s Day, by providing a list of hit sitcoms that have all celebrated the holiday. Stretching back to the mid-‘80s, I am presenting an eclectic collection of sitcoms, that you may wish to check out, should you want plenty of laughs with all that love!
List of sitcoms celebrating Valentine’s Day
Below is a list of Valentine’s Day episodes from classic sitcoms. Running from 1984 onward, the list includes one episode for every year, covering a wealth of iconic shows, ranging from The Golden Girls and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, through to 3rd Rock From the Sun, The Goldbergs and beyond!
Should you want a day filled with love and laughter, then take a look at this list and hunt down all of the episodes.
- Gimme a Break! – Valentine (1984)
- Night Court – Billie’s Valentine (1985)
- Mr. Belvedere – Valentine’s Day (1986)
- Head of the Class – Valentine’s Day (1987)
- Married… With Children – Peggy Loves Al – Yeah, Yeah, Yeah (1988)
- The Golden Girls – Valentine’s Day (1989)
- The Wonder Years – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre (1990)
- Roseanne – Valentine’s Day (1991)
- Saved by the Bell – Isn’t it Romantic? (1992)
- Mad About You – Love Among the Tiles (1993)
- The Fresh Prince of Bel Air – Stop Will in the Name of Love (1994)
- Friends – The One With the Candy Hearts (1995)
- The Nanny – Love is a Many Blundered Thing (1996)
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch – First Kiss (1997)
- Sister, Sister – Ladies’ Choice (1998)
- Frasier – Three Valentines (1999)
- 3rd Rock from the Sun – Dick Puts the ‘ID’ in Cupid (2000)
- That ‘70s Show – Donna’s Panties (2001)
- Futurama – Love and Rocket (2002)
- Yes, Dear – House of Cards (2003)
- Arrested Development – Marta Compllex (2004)
- Will & Grace – Dance Cards & Greetings Cards (2005)
- Everybody Hates Chris – Everybody Hates Valentine’s Day (2006)
- 30 Rock – Up All Night (2007)
- The Simpsons – Love, Springfield Style (2008)
- The Office – Blood Drive (2009)
- American Dad! – My the Best Stan Win (2010)
- The Cleveland Show – A Short Story and a Tall Tale (2011)
- 2 Broke Girls – And the Broken Hearts (2012)
- Bob’s Burgers – My Fuzzy Valentine (2013)
- Last Man Standing – Tasers (2014)
- Modern Family – Valentine’s Day 4: Twisted Sister (2015)
- The Goldbergs – Lainey Loves Lionel (2016)
- New Girl – Operation: Bobcat (2017)
- Family Guy – Boy (Dog) Meets Girl Dog (2018)
- Mom – Sparkling Banter and a Failing Street Town (2019)
- Black-ish – The Gauntlet (2020)
- Family Reunion – Remember My Funny Valentine? (2021)
- The Wonder Years – The Valentine’s Day Dance (2022)
- Harley Quinn – A Very Problematic Valentine’s Day Special (2023)
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about Valentine’s Day-themed episodes of classic sitcoms – I hope it proved useful. For more posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply