In 1961, Walt Disney Productions released the animated adventure movie, One Hundred and One Dalmatians. The film – based on Dodie Smith’s book, The Hundred and One Dalmatians – told the story of a group of Dalmatians who are kidnapped by the wickedly devilish, Cruella de Vil, so that she can turn their fur into a coat.
The movie was a hit with audiences, as was the aforementioned Cruella de Vil, who became a stand-out villain. As such, she not only appeared in a sequel to One Hundred and One Dalmatians, she also featured in spin-off films and a prequel.
But how many movies feature Cruella de Vil? I’ll tell you now, it is probably more than you think.
Below is a list of all the movies which feature Cruella de Vil. In addition, you will find a few more details relating to the movies, should you wish to check them out.
The Cruella de Vil movies
To date, there are 6 movies featuring Cruella de Vil. The films include:
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
- 101 Dalmatians (1996)
- 102 Dalmatians (2000)
- 101 Dalmatians II: Patch’s London Adventure (2003)
- Descendants (2015)
- Cruella (2021)
Are the Cruella movies part of the same series?
The Cruella movies are not all part of the same series. The films are divided as follows:
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians and its belated sequel 101 Dalmatians II: Patch’s London Adventure, are animated features with Cruella as the villain.
- 101 Dalmatians is a live-action remake of One Hundred and One Dalmatians, with 102 Dalmatians as its sequel.
- Descendants is a live-action movie about the children of iconic Disney villains. Cruella appears in the movie alongside her son, Carlos.
- Cruella is a live-action origin story, detailing Cruella’s early years.
Which actresses have played Cruella de Vil?
The following actresses have played the role of Cruella de Vil:
- Betty Lou Gerson – One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Glenn Close – 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians
- Susanne Blakeslee – 101 Dalmatians II: Patch’s London Adventure
- Wendy Raquel Robinson – Descendants
- Emma Stone – Cruella
Are the Cruella movies the work of the same director?
The Cruella movies are the work of multiple directors.
Clyde Geronimi, Hamilton Luske, and Wolfgang Reitherman directed One Hundred and One Dalmatians, while Stephen Herek directed 101 Dalmatians, and Kevin Lima directed 102 Dalmatians. Jim Kammerud and Brian Smith directed 101 Dalmatians II: Patch’s London Adventure, Kenny Ortega directed Descendants, and Craig Gillespie directed Cruella.
I hope this information about movies featuring Cruella de Vil has proved useful. Should you wish to dive into more movie posts, please check out the recommended reads below.