In 2001, American author Joanne Fluke published the novel, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. The book told the story of Hannah Swenson – the owner of the Cookie Jar shop, who finds herself caught up in an intriguing murder mystery.
Upon release, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder proved popular with readers and was quickly followed by another novel featuring Hannah Swensen. This in turn led to another, and another, and then entire series of mystery novels – it even inspired the popular movie series, Murder, She Baked.
But how many Hannah Swensen books are in the collection and what is the reading order? For all the delicious details and more, read on!
The Hannah Swensen books in order
To date, there are 28 entries in Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen book series. The books were published in the following order:
- 01) Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (2001)
- 02) Strawberry Shortcake Murder (2002)
- 03) Blueberry Muffin Murder (2002)
- 04) Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (2003)
- 05) Fudge Cupcake Murder (2004)
- 06) Sugar Cookie Murder (2004)
- 07) Peach Cobbler Murder (2005)
- 08) Cherry Cheesecake Murder (2006)
- 09) Key Lime Pie Murder (2007)
- 10) Carrot Cake Murder (2008)
- 11) Cream Puff Murder (2009)
- 12) Plum Pudding Murder (2009)
- 13) Apple Turnover Murder (2010)
- 14) Devil’s Food Cake Murder (2011)
- 15) Cinnamon Roll Murder (2012)
- 16) Red Velvet Cupcake Murder (2013)
- 17) Blackberry Pie Murder (2014)
- 18) Double Fudge Brownie Murder (2015)
- 19) Wedding Cake Murder (2016)
- 20) Christmas Caramel Murder (2016)
- 21) Banana Cream Pie Murder (2017)
- 22) Raspberry Danish Murder (2018)
- 23) Christmas Cake Murder (2018)
- 24) Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (2019)
- 25) Coconut Layer Cake Murder (2020)
- 26) Christmas Cupcake Murder (2020)
- 27) Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder (2021)
- 28) Christmas Dessert Murder (2021)
In addition to the ongoing book series listed above, Hannah Swensen also features in the following anthologies and associated titles:
- Sugar and Spice (2006)
- Candy Cane Murder (2007)
- Gingerbread Cookie Murder (2010)
- Joanne Fluke’s Lake Eden Cookbook (2013)
- Christmas Sweets (2019)
If you’re a fan of the Hannah Swensen books, or you are just getting into the Hannah Swensen book series,then you may wish to know that all of the novels are currently available to buy.
Book one, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, is available in paperback and Kindle editions.
I hope this information about the Hannah Swensen book series has proved useful. Should you wish to read more posts, please check out the recommended reads below.
Disclaimer: I earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.