In 2014, Maze Runner sauntered into cinemas. The teen fantasy film, based on the novel of the same name by James Dashner, proved popular with audiences and led to a series of films.
But how many Maze Runner movies are there and what is the viewing order?
The Maze Runner films in order
To date, there are three Maze Runner films. The films – produced between 2014 and 2018 – include:
- Maze Runner (2014)
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018)
Are all of the Maze Runner movies part of the same series?
All three Maze Runner films are part of the same series, with events told in chronological order.
Who are the cast of the Maze Runner films?
Notable cast members in the Maze Runner series include: Dylan O’Brien, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Ki Hong Lee, Dexter Darden, Patricia Clarkson, Will Poulter, Walton Goggins, Barry Pepper, Giancarlo Esposito, Aidan Gillen and Alan Tudyk.
Is the Maze Runner series the work of the same director?
Wes Ball directed all three Maze Runner films.
What is the best Maze Runner film?
According to IMDb, the Maze Runner films are ranked as follows:
- Maze Runner (2014) – 6.8/10
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015) – 6.3/10
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018) – 6.2/10
I hope this information about the Maze Runner movie series has proved useful. Should you wish to know more about other long-running movie series, please check out one of the recommended reads below.
- How many Percy Jackson films are there?
- Thoughts on Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- Watch: ‘Seagulls! (Stop It Now)’