In 1979, Phantasm crept into cinemas. The film – which introduced the iconic Tall Man – built up a strong cult following and led to the development of a long-running series of horror films.
But how many Phantasm films are there?
The Phantasm films in order
To date, there are five Phantasm films. The films – produced between 1979 and 2016 – include:
- Phantasm (1979)
- Phantasm II (1988)
- Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994)
- Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998)
- Phantasm: Ravager (2016)
Are all of the Phantasm movies part of the same series?
All of the Phantasm films are part of the same series, with events told in chronological order.
Who are the cast of the Phantasm films?
Notable cast members in the Phantasm series include: Angus Scrimm, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister and Kathy Lester.
Is the Phantasm series the work of the same director?
The first four entries in the Phantasm series are the work of director Don Coscarelli. Phantasm: Ravager is directed by David Hartman.
What is the best Phantasm film?
According to IMDb, the Phantasm films are ranked as follows:
- Phantasm (1979) – 6.8/10
- Phantasm II (1988) – 6.5/10
- Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994) – 6.1/10
- Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998) – 5.7/10
- Phantasm: Ravager (2016) – 5/10
I hope this information about the Phantasm movie series has proved useful. Should you wish to know more about other long-running movie series, please check out one of the recommended reads below.
- What is the best order to watch the Hulk movies?
- How many Punisher films are there?
- What is the best order to watch the Dirty Harry movies?