How knowledgeable are you when it comes to questions about video game movies? Do you know the difference between Super Mario Bros. and The Super Mario Bros. Movie?
If this sort of question is a total breeze to you, then maybe you should take a look at the quiz questions in this post. Here you’ll find a whole host of brain-teasers, all centred around films based on video games.
From Sonic the Hedgehog and Tetris, to Resident Evil and Tomb Raider, you’ll find 101 questions for you to stimulate your grey cells. So put down your joystick, take a moment away from all that button bashing, and see how you get on with these questions.
101 video game movie questions
01) Put these Resident Evil sequels in the order of their release:
a) Afterlife b) Extinction c) Retribution
02) Who provides the voice of Knuckles in 2022’s Sonic the Hedgehog 2?
03) Sub-Zero, Rayden, and Johnny Cage are characters from which movie series?
04) DOBLUE GRADNO is an anagram of which 1994 video game movie?
05) In what year was Doom released in cinemas?
06) GoldenEra is a 2022 documentary movie about which popular N64 game from the 1990s?
07) Danny McBride, Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, and Bill Hader provide voices for which animated movie about animals with short tempers?
08) Complete the film title: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of…
09) Which Tom plays the role of adventurer, Nathan Drake, in the action movie Uncharted?
10) Which actress links the Resident Evil movie series with Monster Hunter?
11) ‘The fight to save the world is on’, is the tagline to which 1994 movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme?
12) Which of the following is a name for a 2017 video game movie?
a) Alive Trigger b) Dead Trigger c) Unconscious Trigger
13) “Remember, trust the fungus”, is a line from which movie?
14) What type of monsters were the stars of a 2013 animated film?
15) Who directed the 2016 fantasy film, Warcraft?
16) Complete the title of this animated movie from 1986: Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess…
17) What is the name of the albino gorilla in the monster movie, Rampage?
18) James Arnold Taylor and David Kaye voice the titular characters in which 2016 computer animated sci-fi movie?
19) DENE FRO DEEPS is an anagram of which 2014 movie?
20) Who does Dennis Hopper play in 1993’s Super Mario Bros.?
21) In which movie would you find the characters Prince Dastan, Prince Nizam, and Prince Garsiv?
22) Who plays the role of Lara Croft in 2018’s Tomb Raider?
23) Put these video games movies in the order of their release:
a) Detective Pikachu b) Warcraft c) Tekken
24) “The faithful must gather in judgment for we are called to purify this filth”, is a line from which 2006 video game adaptation?
25) Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, and Beau Bridges feature amongst the cast of which 2008 neo-noir action thriller?
26) In which decade is the movie, Tetris, set?
27) Which of the following is the name of a Doom sequel?
a) Devastation b) Annihilation c) Obliteration
28) Which director links the following video game adaptations: Alone in the Dark, Far Cry, and House of the Dead?
29) True or false: Donkey Kong, Q*Bert, and Pac-Man all appear in the 2015 sci-fi action-comedy, Pixels?
30) Which character does Kylie Minogue play in 1994’s Street Fighter?
31) ‘A tournament of legends’, is the tagline to which 2010 movie?
32) Sonic the Hedgehog is a movie based on games from which video games publisher?
33) True or false: Jack Black voices Donkey Kong in The Super Mario Bros. Movie?
34) Complete the film title: Professor Layton and the Eternal…
35) Which composer provides the music for the animated movie, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?
36) True or false: The 1999 movie, Wing Commander, is directed by Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts?
37) Pokémon is an abbreviation of what two words?
38) What 2019 video game movie, set in 1962 during Taiwan’s White Terror period, focuses on two students who are trapped at their hillside high school at night?
39) The 2021 animated movie, Injustice, is based on a game featuring iconic super heroes Batman and Superman. But which company publishes Batman and Superman comics?
40) Who is the lead character in 2016’s Assassins Creed, as played by Michael Fassbender?
41) Werewolves Within is a mystery comedy-horror, based on the game of the same name. But who is the game’s developer?
42) What type of animal is Tails in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie series?
43) What is the name of the evil organisation that features heavily in the Resident Evil movies?
44) Complete the film title: Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical…
45) “Where am I? What year is it? Is the Rock president?”, is a quote from which movie?
46) Fill in the gap in this movie title: Dragon Age: ____ of the Seeker.
47) Which of the following classic video game characters does not have a cameo in the animated movie, Wreck-It Ralph?
a) Zangief b) Bowser c) Link
48) Which Super Mario Bros. game features prominently in the 1989 family film, The Wizard?
49) The 2020 documentary film, Console Wars, focuses on the video games rivalries during the 1990s between Sega and which other gaming giant?
50) Which former Smallville actress plays the role of Chun-Li in the 2009 movie, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li?
51) Complete the movie title: Yakuza: Like a…
52) According to its title, which character is out for revenge in a Mortal Kombat Legends movie?
53) Who voices Detective Pikachu in the Detective Pikachu movie?
54) NEARBLOODY is an anagram of which 2006 video game movie?
55) Fill in the blank: Resident Evil: Welcome to ____ City.
56) In the 2021 action-comedy, Free Guy, before he is given his freedom, what type of gaming character is ‘Guy’ supposed to be?
57) Which fast food chain had a tie-in promotion in 1998 to coincide with the release of Pokémon: The First Movie?
58) Which Swedish pop duo perform the song ‘Almost Unreal’, which features on the soundtrack to 1993’s Super Mario Bros.?
59) What type of attorney, which is also the name of a playing card, is the title of a 2012 video game movie?
60) Complete the movie title: Ratchet & Clank: Life of…
61) ‘The game you couldn’t put down. The story you couldn’t make up’, is the tagline to which 2023 movie?
62) Which character does Daniel Craig play in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider?
63) In what year were the films Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us, Legend of the Ancient Sword, and Monster Strike the Movie: Sora no Kanata released?
64) Collectively, who are Jessie, James, and Meowth better known as?
65) Which Irish rock band wrote the song ‘Elevation’ which features on the soundtrack to Lara Croft: Tomb Raider?
66) Who directed Sonic the Hedgehog 2?
67) What classic horror monsters appear in the movie, Dead Rising: Watchtower?
68) True or false: Australian actress and singer, Holly Valance, plays the role of Christie in 2006 martial arts action film, DOA: Dead or Alive?
69) The movie Tekken: Blood Vengeance is based on the Tekken video game series, by which publishing company?
70) ‘Two worlds. One home’, is the tagline to which 2016 movie?
71) Which of the following characters does not appear in Sonic the Hedgehog 2?
a) Dr. Robotnik b) Shadow the Hedgehog c) Amy Rose
72) In which ‘80s movie does Matthew Broderick star as a young computer hacker, who accesses a military supercomputer programmed to unleash a nuclear war?
73) Which of the following is not a Pokémon?
a) Bulbasaur b) Squirtle c) Snarf
74) Which US city provides the backdrop for the film, Max Payne?
75) True or false: Despite appearing in 1994’s Street Fighter movie, singer Kylie Minogue does not provide a song for the movie’s soundtrack.
76) Put these In the Name of the King movies in release order:
a) The Last Mission b) A Dungeon Siege Tale c) Two Worlds
77) Who does Mehcad Brooks play in 2021’s Mortal Kombat?
78) Which Terminator 2 actor plays the villain in 1994’s Double Dragon?
79) Which iconic doll from Mattel is the star of the 2017 animated movie, Video Game Hero?
80) True or false: Champion Ash is the name of a Pokémon movie?
81) Which princess appears in 1993’s Super Mario Bros. – Peach or Daisy?
82) Which character does Wentworth Miller play in Resident Evil: Afterlife?
83) In what year was Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie released?
a) 1984 b) 1994 c) 2004
84) Which Japanese game designer created Mario?
85) What colour is Chuck in The Angry Birds Movie?
86) STANDYY RAWRSIOR is an anagram of which 2021 movie?
87) Complete the title of this 2012 animated movie: Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. the Sword of…
88) Which former Game of Thrones star appears in Silent Hill: Revelation?
89) Which of the following characters does not appear in 1994’s Street Fighter?
a) Chun-Li b) Ken c) Dhalsim d) Liu Kang
90) Jeff Bridges, David Warner, and Bruce Boxleitner are amongst the cast of which 1982 sci-fi movie about a computer programmer who is transported inside a computer?
91) Which Pokémon character ‘returns’ in a 2000 animated movie?
92) Which character does Jim Carey play in the Sonic the Hedgehog movies?
93) In what year was Mortal Kombat: Annihilation released?
94) STOLAP is an anagram of which 2007 action comedy?
95) How many Resident Evil movies has Paul W. S. Anderson directed?
96) Which former Breaking Bad actor plays the role of Tobey Marshall in Need for Speed?
97) Fill in the blank for this video game documentary film: Chasing Ghosts: _____ the Arcade.
98) In The Super Mario Bros. Movie what colour is Princess Peach’s dress?
99) In Wreck-It Ralph, what is the name of the racing game Vanellope belongs to?
100) True of False: Yoshi and Toad are not characters in 1993’s Super Mario Bros?
101) Fill in the blank: Zombrex: Dead ____ Sun.
OK, those are all the video game movie questions; now to find out how well you did.
01) b a c
02) Idris Elba
03) Street Fighter
04) DOUBLE DRAGON
06) GoldenEye 007
07) The Angry Birds Movie
10) Milla Jovovich
11) Street Fighter
13) Super Mario Bros.
15) Duncan Jones
18) Ratchet & Clank
19) NEED FOR SPEED
20) King Koopa
21) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
22) Alicia Vikander
23) c b a
24) Silent Hill
25) Max Payne
28) Uwe Boll
31) The King of Fighters
33) False – Jack Black voices Bowser
35) Elliott Goldenthal
37) Pocket monsters
39) DC Comics
40) Callum “Cal” Lynch
41) Red Storm Entertainment
42) A fox
43) The Umbrella Corporation
45) Sonic the Hedgehog
48) Super Mario Bros. 3
50) Kristin Kreuk
53) Ryan Reynolds
56) NPC (Non-playable character)
57) Burger King
59) An ‘ace’ attorney (Ace Attorney)
62) Alex West
64) Team Rocket
66) Jeff Fowler
69) Namco Bandai Games
74) New York
76) b c a
77) Jackson “Ajax” Briggs
78) Robert Patrick
82) Chris Redfield
84) Shigeru Miyamoto
86) DYNASTY WARRIORS
88) Kit Harington
92) Dr. Robotnik
95) 4 (Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter)
96) Aaron Paul
99) Sugar Rush
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about video game movie quiz questions – I hope you found it useful. For more movie-related content, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply