In 2000, Japanese film, One Piece made its debut. The animated movie – conceived as a spin-off from the hugely successful and long-running anime series of the same name, which in turn was based on a Manga franchise – featured pirates and the search for a mountain of gold, and was a big hit with fans.
Due to the popularity of the One Piece movie, as well as the continued popularity of the One Piece Manga and anime series that spawned it, further One Piece movies quickly followed. Over a short period of time, the movie series soon built up a high number of new entries, and in turn this created an impressive collection of One Piece movies.
But how many One Piece movies are there? For all the details and more, keep reading.
The One Piece movies in order
To date there are 15 entries in the One Piece movie series. The films are as follows:
- One Piece (2000)
- Clockwork Island Adventure (2001)
- Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals (2002)
- Dead End Adventure (2003)
- The Cursed Holy Sword (2004)
- Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island (2005)
- Giant Mecha Soldier of Karakuri Castle (2006)
- The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta (2007)
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom (2008)
- One Piece: Strong World (2009)
- One Piece: Straw Hat Chase (2011)
- One Piece: Z (2012)
- One Piece: Gold (2016)
- One Piece: Stampede (2019)
- One Piece: Red (2022)
Are the One Piece movies all part of the same series?
All of the One Piece movies are part of the same series, with Toei Animation on production duties.
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about the One Piece movie series. For more movie posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply