In 1971, Steve Martin made his film debut in the television movie, Shepherd’s Flock. From here he followed up his acting work with further appearances in films such as Another Fine Mess, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, and The Muppet Movie.
To begin with, Martin’s on-screen roles were small parts, but soon his star status began to grow as audiences took the actor to their hearts. This in turn increased his presence on the big screen, and propelled his career toward the icon he would eventually become.
As the years progressed, Steve Martin fronted various movies including The Jerk, Father of the Bride, Sgt. Bilko, and Bowfinger. He also took on the role of Inspector Clouseau for two Pink Panther movies.
But how familiar are you with Steve Martin’s back catalogue of movies? If you were asked to name them all what would you say?
Well, don’t worry, because I can help. In this post you will find a list of all Steve Martin’s movies, presented in chronological order, starting with minor roles and bit parts in his early pictures, and running through to more substantial roles in later life.
A list of every Steve Martin movie in order
- Shepherd’s Flock (1971)
- Another Nice Mess (1972)
- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978)
- The Muppet Movie (1979)
- The Jerk (1979)
- Pennies from Heaven (1981)
- Twilight Theater (1982)
- Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (1982)
- Twilight Theater II (1982)
- The Man with Two Brains (1983)
- The Lonely Guy (1984)
- All of Me (1984)
- Movers & Shakers (1985)
- Three Amigos! (1986)
- Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
- Roxanne (1987)
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988)
- Parenthood (1989)
- My Blue Heaven (1990)
- L.A. Story (1991)
- Father of the Bride (1991)
- Grand Canyon (1991)
- HouseSitter (1992)
- Leap of Faith (1992)
- And the Band Played On (1993)
- A Simple Twist of Fate (1994)
- Mixed Nuts (1994)
- Father of the Bride Part II (1995)
- Sgt. Bilko (1996)
- The Spanish Prisoner (1997)
- The Prince of Egypt (1998)*
- The Out-of-Towners (1999)
- Bowfinger (1999)
- The Venice Project (1999)
- Joe Gould’s Secret (2000)
- Novocaine (2001)
- Bringing Down the House (2003)
- The Rutles 2: Can’t Buy Me Lunch (2003)
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003)
- Cheaper by the Dozen (2003)
- Jiminy Glick in Lalawood (2004)
- Shopgirl (2005)
- Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)
- The Pink Panther (2006)
- Baby Mama (2008)
- The Pink Panther 2 (2009)
- It’s Complicated (2009)
- The Big Year (2011)
- Home (2015)*
- Christmas with the Coopers (2015)*
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (2016)
Above are all of Steve Martin’s movie appearances, but which are your favourites? Is Father of the Bride your No.1 film, or is The Three Amigos your go-to picture?
Whichever Martin movie is your favourite, sound off in the comments below and let everyone know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post about Steve Martin movies on It’s A Stampede! – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply