In 1994, action-adventure movie, Street Fighter, arrived in cinemas. The film, based on the popular Street Fighter video games, told the story of a group of martial arts heroes, led by Colonel Guile, as they battle the evil M. Bison.
Upon making its debut Street Fighter was accompanied by an animated movie, and then followed by a series of additional films (both live-action and animated). But how many Street Fighter movies are there?
For all the button bashin’ details and more, keep reading.
The Street Fighter movies in order
To date there are eight entries in the Street Fighter movie series:
- Street Fighter (1994)
- Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (1994)
- Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie (2000)
- Street Fighter Alpha: Generations (2005)
- Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
- Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind (2009)
- Super Street Fighter IV Original Video Animation (2010)
- Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist (2014)
*Please note: Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist (2014) was initially released as a web-series, before the episodes were re-edited and re-released as a movie.
Who are the cast of the Street Fighter movies?
Notable cast members in the Street Fighter movie series include Jean-Claude Van Damme, Raul Julia, Ming-Na Wen, Kylie Minogue, Wes Studi, Byron Mann, Damian Chapa, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clarke Duncan, Chris Klein, Neal McDonough, Moon Bloodgood, and Taboo.
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about the Street Fighter movie series. For more movie posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.