In 1966, Gene Wilder made his film debut in the television movie, Death of a Salesman. From here he followed up his acting work with further appearances in films such as Bonnie and Clyde, The Producers, and Start the Revolution Without Me.
With each new movie his presence on screen increased. This in turn made him a firm favourite, which propelled his career toward the icon he would eventually become.
But how familiar are you with Gene Wilder’s back catalogue of movies? If you were asked to name films beyond the likes of Stir Crazy, Young Frankenstein, or See No Evil, Hear No Evil would what you say?
Well, don’t worry, because I can help. In this post you will find a list of all Gene Wilder’s movies, presented in chronological order, starting with minor roles and bit parts in his early pictures, and running through to more substantial roles in later life.
This list covers Wilder’s movie career from 1966 through to 1999.
A list of every Gene Wilder movie in order
- Death of a Salesman (1966)
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
- The Producers (1967)
- Start the Revolution Without Me (1970)
- Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx (1970)
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- The Scarecrow (1972)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex *But Were Afraid to Ask (1972)
- Acts of Love and Other Comedies (1973)
- Rhinoceros (1974)
- Blazing Saddles (1974)
- Thursday’s Game (1974)
- The Little Prince (1974)
- Young Frankenstein (1974)
- The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother (1975)
- Silver Streak (1976)
- The World’s Greatest Lover (1977)
- The Frisco Kid (1979)
- Les séducteurs (1980)
- Stir Crazy (1980)
- Hanky Panky (1982)
- The Woman in Red (1984)
- Haunted Honeymoon (1986)
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
- Funny About Love (1990)
- Another You (1991)
- Eligible Dentist (1993)
- Murder in a Small Town (1999)
- Alice in Wonderland (1999)
- The Lady in Question (1999)
Above are all of Gene Wilder’s movie appearances, but which are your favourites? Is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory your No.1 film, or is The Producers your go-to picture?
Whichever Wilder movie is your favourite, sound off in the comments below and let everyone know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post about Gene Wilder movies on It’s A Stampede! – I hope it has proved useful. For more useful posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply