In 1997, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery swung (and spoofed) its way into cinemas. The action comedy, about a sex-crazed spy from the 1960s, was a hit with audiences and spawned a hit movie series
But how many Austin Powers movies are there?
The Austin Powers films in order
To date, there are three Austin Powers movies. The Austin Powers movies – which were produced between 1997 and 2002 – should be watched in this order:
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)
Are all of the Austin Powers movies part of the same series?
The Austin Powers movies are all part of the same series, with themes and characters that appear from one film to the next.
Who are the cast of the Austin Powers films?
The core cast of the Austin Powers films are consistent across the three movies. Notable actors in the Austin Powers series include Mike Myers, Michael York, Robert Wagner, Mindy Sterling, Seth Green, Verne Troyer, Elizabeth Hurley, Heather Graham, Beyoncé Knowles, and Michael Caine.
Is the Austin Powers series the work of the same director?
All three entries in the Austin Powers film series are the work of Jay Roach.
What is the best Austin Powers film?
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery is generally considered to be the strongest film in the collection, but all of the movies in the series have a strong following amongst fans.
According to IMDb the Austin Powers films are ranked as follows:
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) – 7.0/10
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) – 6.6/10
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) – 6.2/10
I hope this information about the Austin Powers movie series has proved useful. Should you wish to know more about other long-running movie series, please check out one of the recommended reads below.
- 45 feel good movies to watch when you’re feeling blue
- How many Naked Gun films are there?
- What is the best order to watch the Dirty Harry movies?