Not content with its status as a $1 billion+ movie, Aquaman now has its sights set on another milestone – it’s about to become the highest grossing DC movie of all-time.
At present, Aquaman has accumulated $1,067,152,007 at the worldwide box office. Should it accumulate another $18 million (and the likelihood is that it will) it will surpass The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and therefore become the No.1 DC movie.
Here are the top ten highest grossing DC movies:
- 1) The Dark Knight Rises (2012) $1,084.9
- 2) Aquaman (2018) $1,067.2
- 3) The Dark Knight (2008) $1,003.0
- 4) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) $873.6
- 5) Wonder Woman (2017) $821.8
- 6) Suicide Squad (2016) $746.8
- 7) Man of Steel (2013) $668.0
- 8) Justice League (2017) $657.9
- 9) Batman (1989) $411.3
- 10) Superman Returns (2006) $391.1
As you can see, Aquaman is almost at the top of the list.
In other news, if you live in the UK and you want to meet Aquaman star, Jason Momoa, the actor will be appearing at London Film and Comic Con in July.