What a weekend. After four days of non-stop geeky news, trailers and announcements, San Diego Comic-Con is starting to wind down for another year.
Did you keep up with all of the stories that came out of the con?
Well, it’s lucky I’m here then, because this post serves up all the highlights from day three and day four of SDCC! Plus, you can also check out a highlights post for day one and day two courtesy of It’s A Stampede!.
Here are the news highlights from Days Three & Four:
- Spider-Gwen is getting a new comic from Marvel, titled Ghost Spider.
- Marvel is to publish a 24-part Star Wars comic that will bridge the three different eras of the saga. According to Newsarama, the comics will break down as follows: Age of the Republic (the prequels), Age of the Rebellion (the originals) and Age of the Resistance (the sequels).
- DC is to publish a new event called Heroes in Crisis. The event will deal with a mass shooting of superheroes.
- Teri Hatcher cosplayed as Lois Lane at SDCC!
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actor, Clark Gregg will direct the first episode of the show’s sixth season. The episode, titled Missing Pieces, is written by Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
- Warner Bros. Pictures has released a trailer for Aquaman.
- Batman: Hush is to be adapted into an animated movie. The film will be released during Summer 2019.
- Fantastic Four issue #1 has reportedly sold 400,000 copies ahead of its relaunch in October.
- Netflix has dropped a trailer for The Dragon Prince – a new TV series from Avatar: The Last Airbender writer, Aaron Ehasz.
- Uncanny X-Men will return to comic book shelves later this year.
- The CW has released a trailer for the third season of Riverdale. The show has also been given its own YouTube channel.
- Wonder Woman 1984 director, Patty Jenkins and lead star, Gal Gadot put in a surprise appearance at SDCC to talk a little about their forthcoming movie and to show a small piece of footage (for attendees only). Speaking about the character of Wonder Woman (via Entertainment Weekly), Jenkins said: “People find themselves in Wonder Woman — people of all genders, races, sizes and disabilities. So [it’s] staying very true to what that original (William Moulton) Marston Wonder Woman was: so loving and good and kind and warm yet powerful without a question and open-minded and giving and struggling with her own challenges. [I cared] that she made each of us believe in the Wonder Woman within us. That’s what I care about.”
- The CW has released trailers for all the forthcoming seasons of the Arrowverse: Arrow Season 7, The Flash Season 5, Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 and Supergirl Season 4.
- This October, Marvel Comics will publish a Shatterstar solo series.
- Hasbro is to release a Star Wars set of Mighty Muggs toys. Available in late 2018, the collection will include Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul amongst others.
- Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first official trailer for Shazam!. #SayTheMagicWord
- The forthcoming Batman: The Animated Series Blu-ray collection will be released later this year and will include every episode of the show, along with the movies Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman: Subzero, plus a set of Funko Pop! vinyl figures.
- Fox/Marvel Entertainment has released a trailer for Season Two of The Gifted.
- The first official trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has been released by Warner Bros. Pictures.
- Lobo has been confirmed as the big bad of Krypton Season Two.
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger has been renewed for a second season.
- The CW has released a recap trailer for Black Lightning, to ensure everyone is up to speed on the first season before Season Two arrives in October.
- Marvel has confirmed that Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham will be working on new material or Miracleman in 2019.
- Hasbro is to release a Spider-Man Legends series of action figures for 2019. Wave One will include Symbiote Spider-Man, Red Goblin, Black Cat and Silver Sable. The Kingpin will be the build-a-figure.
- A bunch of new movie posters have been released for forthcoming movies including a swanky new image for Bumblebee.
- Warner Bros. Pictures has released a trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- NECA has announced it is to produce a Foot Soldier figure for its TMNT movie line. The 1/4 scale action figure will be based on the Soldiers’ look from the 1990 film.
- And finally, this October, Marvel Comics will publish X-Men: Black – a five-issue run comprising a collection of villain centric one-shots. The comics will focus on Magneto, Mystique, Juggernaut, Emma Frost and Mojo.
And that’s your lot!
Hopefully the info above, plus all the news in Saturday morning’s round-up has given you all the key highlights that have been served up this weekend. Between the two posts there are 75 news snippets and highlights from the four-day event.
I’m now off to have a lie down in a darkened room.
Same time next year?