**THE FOLLOWING POST IS SPOILER FREE – I PROMISE**
I don’t need to tell you (again) that this is a HUGE week for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I know it, you know it, pretty much everyone knows that Avengers: Infinity War hits cinema screens in a very, very short time (Thursday in the UK).
Last night the
red purple carpet premiere took place, where various stars, members of the press and lucky fans were in attendance. Some of the chosen few have now seen the movie and have already Tweeted about it, offering us some initial reactions.
Today’s edition of The Great Stampede takes a look at these reactions, which I’m going to tell you right now are very, very positive. Seriously, did you expect anything less?
Here’s what’s being said:
- Mike Sorrentino of CNet, said: “#AvengersInfinityWar is the MCU’s biggest soap opera ever, and that’s not a bad thing. Feels more like a sequel to Guardians, and you’ll get to see what makes a Mad Titan tick. We will have A LOT to unpack soon.”
- Wilson Morales of BlackFilm.com, said: “From beginning to end, #AvengersInfinityWar is non-stop action. It’s really dynamic and jaw-dropping, but at times, it could have stopped for air and give us more substance on plot points. Loved it when the audience clapped as soon as #BlackPanther & #okoye entered the scene.”
- Writer/director/actor, Kevin Smith, said: “I am overwhelmed. The movie is epic beyond compare. LOVED it. My legs are still shaking. It’s a gigantic @Marvel masterpiece. So much to say but I’ll stay Silent Bob til Monday so as not to slip in spoilers. Suffice to say it’s gonna be a looooong year until @Avengers 4…”
- Peter Sciretta of Slashfilm, was also a fan of the movie and said: “#InfinityWar is everything you want, nothing you expect. It’s funny, surprising, dark, filled with delightful interplay between characters never seen on screen before. I know many filmmakers say they are trying to make a sequel in the vein of Empire Strikes Back, this succeeds.”
- And finally, Frank Pallotta of CNN, said: “I’ve left every Marvel movie with a sense of where the franchise was going. The strong “Avengers: Infinity War” is the first time where I’m utterly perplexed about what’s next. There were audible gasps at the NYC screening.”
So yeah… I’d say that’s all pretty positive.
The best Tweet however came from Captain Marvel actress Brie Larson, who made reference to all the secrecy surrounding the movie, by simply tweeting the following:
“WE SAW INFINITY WAR AND KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN IT OMG.”
Best get those tickets booked!
For more review round-ups and reactions to recent releases, check out past editions of The Great Stampede which have focused on Rampage, A Quiet Place, Isle of Dogs, Tomb Raider, Ready Player One, Love, Simon, A Wrinkle in Time, Annihilation, The Shape of Water and Black Panther.
And should you want more Avengers action, Marvel has uploaded footage from last night’s star-studded premiere onto YouTube. You can check out the Premiere footage below: