Disney has announced the dates for six new Marvel Studios movies. The new dates are as follows:
- Untitled Marvel movie – May 7, 2021
- Untitled Marvel movie – July 30, 2021
- Untitled Marvel movie – Nov. 5, 2021
- Untitled Marvel movie – Feb. 18, 2022
- Untitled Marvel movie – May 6, 2022
- Untitled Marvel movie – July 29, 2022
These dates are in addition to:
- Avengers: Infinity War – April 27, 2018 (Previously May 4, 2018)
- Ant-Man & The Wasp – July 6, 2018
- Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019
- Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019
- Untitled Marvel movie – July 31, 2020 (Previously Aug. 7, 2020)
So, from looking at the lists above, that’s two more Marvel Studios movies for 2018; two for 2019; one movie for 2020; three for 2021; and three for 2022. But what will they be?
We already know Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is in the works, so at least one of those dates will be reserved for that movie, but beyond Guardians it’s just guess work at present.
Another Doctor Strange movie or a Black Panther film (or both) is likely, as is another Ant-Man/Wasp movie. A sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming is also planned, but this is unlikely to factor into this list as it’s a Sony production.
With Disney set to take over Fox’s Marvel titles in the coming year (if all goes to plan) then this list of release dates could be reserved for Fantastic Four or X-Men movies. Again, this is just speculation, but it’s worth considering.
What do you think?
It seems madness that we’re already trying to work out what film’s Disney/Marvel Studios has in the pipeline over the next four years, but this is something we’ve come to expect of movie studios and this studio in particular. Perhaps the most exciting aspect of today’s news is the knowledge that more Marvel movies are on the way, with no end in sight.